Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes For a Prosperous Global New Year

Just returned from celebrating Christmas with my daughter and son-in-law and 3 young grandchildren. Wonderful life renewing experience. Grandchildren are truly a gift.  Next year i want to be sure my siblings are again part of the gathering. This was the first Christmas where both my father and mother have passed.  I expected some sadness over that since we have had a close family and a long history of big family holidays. But instead of sadness what I had was clear memories of my father and mother as they really were before infirmities weakened and reduced their participation. Those embedded memories are a great comfort and joy as I watch my own couple of generations of offspring grow up. So this was a most satisfactory holiday and I hope most of you had an equally pleasurable holiday.

No comments: